Monday, May 24, 2010

ONLY YOU

Oh Lord, My God, search my heart.
Please, search every inch, every part.

Purge my heart Lord, of any wicked thing.
Fill my heart with a new song to sing.

Clean my heart Lord, make it brand new.
Teach me to do all that, "You," want me to do.

Wash my heart Lord, whiter than snow.
Fill it with the wisdom You want me to know.

With the Spirit, my heart, please fill.
Mold me and use me Lord, to do Your will.

With a clean heart Lord, all that I do,
Will bring honor and glory to You, "only You."

"Only You" Lord, can change my internal condition.
And to "only You" will I dedicate my submission.

To follow Your lead, is how I’ll spend my remaining days.
Now to everlasting to "only You,"
will I sing, songs of praise.

V. Gail Cozart
Copyright © 2001 Virginia Cozart

3 comments:

Seeking the Truth said...

That's a beautiful poem. It really needs to be the cry of the hearts of true believers in Jesus Christ. Thanks for sharing!

Jedidiah Duarte said...

it sure is a beautiful poem I love poems but cant really write and as good as this one.

Seeking the Truth said...

If you like to write, write. Poetry is defined by the author, his message, and his style. I like the message of the poem more than I like the strict attention to rhyme scheme. (Haha, can you tell that I'm going to major in English Education?)